Strong storms possible | Weather
Another warm December day today but 14 News Chief Meteorologist Jeff Lyons says an intense winter storm is pushing toward the Great Lakes region tonight and Thursday.
Ahead of the storm, southerly winds will kick up to 30-40 mph later tonight and early Thursday morning. We have a slight risk for severe storms over southern Illinois beginning late tonight and through midday Thursday. Damaging winds will be the main threat with the storms, along with isolated tornadoes.
Widespread storms will sweep through the Tri-State on Thursday morning between 5am and noon. Again, some storms may produce damaging wind gusts and possibly tornadoes. Temperatures will crash with the passage of the front and sink into the middle 20's by Friday morning. Cold, quiet weather is on tap for the weekend, with a chance for rain Christmas Eve and Day.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious