Bomb squad called to check package | News
Some excitement for staff and patients at a medical lab near Deaconess Hospital Wednesday morning. The Evansville Police Department's bomb squad was called to Doctor's Plaza to examine a package someone had left by the facility's mailbox.
The package, about the size of a shirt box and wrapped carefully in Christmas paper, did not have a tag or note indicated for whom it was intended.
While officers kept the general public away from the package and moved those inside the lab away from their windows and toward the rear of the lab, a sergeant with the bomb squad opened the package. Inside was a new, portable lap desk still in its original packaging. Apparently it was intended as a gift for someone but who it was isn't known. The desk was turned over to Deaconess Hospital's lost and found.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious
- Sweet Bettys Bakery opening on East Virginia Street next week
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State