Teachers hope to take down bullies with CYPRESS | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- CYPRESS, or the Committee to Promote Respect in Schools is promoting a new anti-bullying initiative in Evansville Thursday night.
HEART, which stands for Helping Everyone with Anti-Bullying, Respect and Tolerance is a collection of tools designed by teachers in the EVSC as well as the Catholic Diocese.
It ranges from brief activities before class to more involved programs like creating songs with a message.
"The majority of our students are not bullies," says Marianna Webster, Principal at Holy Redeemer. "And what CYPRESS has done by putting these projects together, and small, it can be a moment, we are empowering those that can feel bullied."
Teachers will be working with all grade levels on the anti-bullying initiative.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious