EPD: Student carried 8-inch folding knife to school | News
A juvenile was suspended from the EVSC Academy for Innovative Studies on Friday after school officials found an eight-inch folding knife in his coat pocket.
Evansville Police were called to the school, which is located inside the former North High School at Diamond and Stringtown about 11 a.m. Friday.
School officials say the student had a book that was inappropriate to have at school, searched his locker and found the knife.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious