Domestic violence call leads to arrest and officer attacked | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- Evansville Police have arrested Thomas Paul Wilson on ten charges stemming from a domestic violence call to the 400 block of Richardt Avenue.
Wilson was in violation of a restraining order when he allegedly attacked his estranged wife inside the home. Wilson also struck a child under 14 years old.
Wilson left before officers arrived, but returned and was arrested. During the arrest, officers say Wilson kicked one of them and made several threats to return to the home and burn it down. They say Wilson also made several threats towards the officer.
Wilson was arrested on these charges:
Intimidation D Felony
Domestic Violence D Felony
Battery on victim under 14 years of age D Felony
Invasion of Privacy A misdemeanor
Resisting Law Enforcement A Misdemeanor
Disorderly Conduct B Misdemeanor
Intimidation x2 A misdemeanor
Battery on Law Enforcement A Misdemeanor
Domestic Violence A Misdemeanor
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop