First responders prepare for biohazard exercise | News
If you see a lot of emergency vehicles in and around Petersburg Road next Wednesday… in full-alert mode…don’t be alarmed.
A full-scale emergency exercise, including employee evacuation, will take place that day at the Evansville Mail Processing and Distribution Facility on Petersburg Road for the purpose of testing the Postal Service and the city of Evansville’s coordinated emergency preparedness response plans in the event of an actual biohazard alert.
The exercise will combine efforts with the Postal Inspection Service; Evansville Fire and Police departments, and Central Dispatch; McCutchanville Fire Department; Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Department, Health Department and Emergency Management Agency; Indiana State Police; American Red Cross of Southwestern Indiana; and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The emergency preparedness exercise is slated to begin at 3:45 p.m. and last approximately 3 ½ hours.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gibson Co. officials approve economic development along I-69
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status