Property tax time is here | News
With high school football teams in playoff form, leaves changing colors and falling to the ground, and brisk cold nights in the forecast, that can mean only one thing for Vanderburgh County residents: Property taxes are coming due soon.
Vanderburgh County Treasurer Rick Davis on Friday reminded taxpayers that the traditional Nov. 10 fall property tax deadline is less than two weeks away.
To avoid potential long lines, parking issues, and enhanced Civic Center security, Davis strongly recommended that property owners make their payments at any Old National Bank branch in the Tri-State Area. To pay at Old National Bank, you must have the bill that was mailed to your home in the spring. If you do not have your bill, you cannot pay at the bank.
Davis also suggested using the convenient drop box in front of the Civic Center or by mailing checks, made payable to the Vanderburgh County Treasurer, at PO Box 77, Evansville, IN 47701-0077. So long as your envelope is postmarked on or before Nov. 10, your payment will be considered on time.
The Treasurer’s Office is located in Room 210 of the Civic Center, 1 NW MLK Jr. Blvd., and is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The drop box will be open until midnight Wednesday.
Missing the Nov. 10 deadline will add a 5% penalty to your amount owed if you have no previous delinquencies. That amount increases to 10% after 30 days. If you miss the Nov. 10 deadline and already have a delinquency that penalty is an automatic 10% fee.
Payments can also be made online at www.vanderburghtreasurer.org with a major credit card for a 2.75% convenience fee or by using the office’s new E-Check feature for a flat $3 fee. Payments are also accepted over the phone by calling 1-800-2PAYTAX (use the following “jurisdiction code” – 2405) with a major credit card and by paying a 2.75% fee.
If you cannot find your bill, visit the Treasurer’s Office web site and look up your information online. You can mail your check in with the correct payment amount so long as you put your parcel ID number in the memo section. You may also contact the Treasurer’s Office at 435-5248 for any questions concerning your property tax payment.
Davis reminds voters that the Civic Center will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 8 for election day.
Below are the Old National banking centers accepting the Vanderburgh County Property Taxes along with the time they are open:
1. Evansville Main - Lobby hours 9:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 5:00 on Fridays, Closed on Saturday
2. Evansville North Side - Lobby hours 9:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 6:00 on Fridays, Closed on Saturday
3. Washington & Ky - Lobby hours 9:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 6:00 on Fridays, Saturday 9:00 to 12:00
4. West Side - Same as Washington & Ky
5. 41 North - Same as above
6. Hebron - Same as above
7. University Sq - Same as above
8. North Brook - Same as above
9. Darmstadt - Same as above
10. Red Bank - Same as above
11. Burkhardt Rd - Same as above
12. Lakeside Commons - Same as above
13. Bell Oaks - Same as above
14. Boonville - Same as above
15. Princeton - Same as above
16. Mt Vernon, In - Lobby hours 9:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 5:00 on Fridays, Saturday 9:00 to 12:00
17. Henderson Main - Lobby hours 9:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 6:00 on Fridays, Lobby closed on Saturday
18. Henderson North -Same hours as Henderson Main but Lobby is open on Saturday 9:00 to 12:00