$10 bone density screening at Deaconess | Health
The Resource Center at Deaconess Hospital will host a non-invasive ultrasound bone density screening on Tuesday, February 19 from noon – 4:00 p.m. Testing is performed to determine the bone mineral density in your heel and risk for osteoporosis.
If your bone density is lower than normal, you can take steps to increase your bone strength and reduce your chances of having a fracture. Some ways to increase bone density and strength include combining calcium and vitamin D supplements with weight-bearing exercise (such as walking), weight training (such as lifting weights or using weight machines), and using certain medications to help increase bone density.
Patients will receive their results immediately; which includes bone density/calcium/nutrition counseling by a registered nurse. Cost for the screening is $10; Helping Hand members pay $8. Please call 450-7000 to schedule your appointment.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious