North Main Christmas Parade launches new era | Events
Heading down to the Christmas parade this weekend? It'll be taking a new route. The parade is now being run by the North Main Merchants and North Side Kiwanis Club and is called the North Main Christmas Parade.
It'll leave the Civic Center area and head north on North Main Street around 3 p.m. then turn east on Columbia and south on Heidelbach before heading back to the Civic Center.
Santa's Workshop will be set up at Main and Columbia from 1 to 3 p.m. Food vendors will be there with hot dogs, hamburgers, cookies and hot cocoa, music and a petting zoo.
The Christmas Parade includes local bands from area high schools and colleges throughout the state of Indiana. There will also be floats, clowns, cars, dignitaries, other marching and performing groups, and of course, Santa.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious
- Sweet Bettys Bakery opening on East Virginia Street next week
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State