Help a local senior by donating new pajamas | Community Spirit
A non-profit group that's been advocating for the rights and dignity of nursing home residents in Vanderburgh County for more than 30 years, VOICES, is holding pajama drive for seniors.
Executive Director Michelle Motta says the majority of residents living in long-term care homes receive Medicaid to help pay for their care. All of their monthly check, except $52, goes to the facility to help pay for the cost of their care.
Costs of their personal phone/cable service, haircuts, snacks, clothes and other basic needs are often the responsibility of the resident. That means many are often in need of good quality pajamas.
To help, VOICES is taking donations for new sleepwear in all sizes for men and women at any Don’t Claytons location in Evansville and Newburgh. You can also donate money to help buy them. Send to VOICES, Inc., 2425 Hwy 41 North, Suite 405, Evansville IN 47711. All donations from the Sharing the Warmth Pajama Drive will directly benefit those living in long-term care homes in Vanderburgh County.
Top North Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family